It has come to our attention that various individuals and organisations are contacting people offering false employment opportunities in Bennett (Construction) Ltd.· We are taking this matter extremely seriously, and we are currently working with the appropriate legal authorities to terminate this fraudulent scheme. By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims falling for this scam.
What is Recruitment Fraud?
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud offering fictitious job opportunities. This type of fraud is normally done through online services such as bogus websites, or through unsolicited e-mails claiming to be from Bennett (Construction) Ltd. These emails request recipients to provide personal information and ultimately payments to progress false applications.
How to Identify Recruitment Fraud
- The perpetrators will often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The Bennett name and logo is often featured on the documentation without authority.
- There is an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, CV, passport details, bank details etc.
- Candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies etc.
- E-mail correspondence is often sent from (or to) free web-based e-mail accounts such as groupmail.com, Yahoo.com, Yahoo.co.uk, Gmail.com, Googlemail.com, Live.com etc.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile or platform telephone numbers beginning with +44(0)70 instead of official company numbers.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
- There is an insistence on urgency
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and MAKE SURE THAT YOU INCLUDE THE THREE ITEMS BELOW. If your email is missing any one of these three items, it will take us longer to investigate and identify the perpetrators.
- Original subject line: Please do not change the original subject line of the email you received
- Complete headers: Email headers contain a detailed record of the specific route that an email took through the internet when it was sent to you. This means it can help us identify the perpetrators’ location(s). Full header information is included in every email that is sent. However, often email programs do not display the complete headers. The link below explains how to find this information so that you can send it to us
- Complete message body: Please include the complete, unedited content of the email message in question. Do not change or edit the message in any way
- Save messages from the perpetrator for further investigation if necessary
- We would advise you to contact your local police/gardai and provide them with all information you may have from the senders
- Respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers of employment from people with whom you are unfamiliar
- Disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know
- Send any money. Bennett (Construction) Ltd does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job, accommodation etc either as an employee or as a contractor
- Engage in further communication if you believe the communications may be fraudulent