London - Safety Officer
Date added: 21 Apr 2017
Region: London Position Type: Permanent
The Safety Officer reports directly to the Health & Safety Manager and is responsible for advising on overall compliance in maters of Health & Safety in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions. The Safety Officer must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of health & Safety are adopted throughout. While other duties may be required by Site Management from time to time, this must in no way detract from primary duties.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Conducting regular, formal site audits an carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for Bennett Employees;
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc;
- Serving as Bennett representative as Site meetings;
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for Bennett and Sub-Contractors personnel;
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that al relevant Certs are updated;
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
- With 4+ years experience.
- Previous experience managing safety on site.
- Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
- Experience in the construction industry.
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please fill in the form below and attach your CV with Cover Letter.
Note: Only .doc and .pdf files can be uploaded.